Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr may join forces on Jay Roach’s action-comedy “El Presidente”.
Vulture says the script revolves around “an overzealous Secret Service agent whose work-life boundary issues get him reassigned to the inglorious task of guarding America’s worst former president, who is a bumbling sleaze. The job suddenly becomes exciting when a threat is made on the ex-president’s life and they must go on the run.”
Cruise is being offered the role of the agent, while Downey would play the disgraced president.
Dan Goor (“Parks &Recreation”) wrote the screenplay.
Side Note : Cruise was attached to play Tony Stark/Iron Man a few years before Downey got the gig.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013