By Clint Morris
What sounds like a dirty cousin of “Showgirls” is actually closer in tone to “The Killing Fields”, what with its unnerving tale of photo journalists working the battlefields, ducking and covering as they snap away and envision their well-paid headline photo hitting the press.
Flick is based on a group of young men, played by an assortment of Hollywood hotties, covering the final days of apartheid in South Africa. What these gents – well, and lady (Malin Akerman is essentially the core female constituent) – witness is absolutely horrifying. Not surprising that they too end up brandishing war wounds from the assignment.
Nothing as deep or as memorable as “The Killing Fields” here, and character detail is as faint as an SBS signal on an old TV, so you never get a chance to really know the guys on screen, but some dramatic mob riot scenes coupled with a strong performance by young riser Taylor Kitsch (“John Carter”, “Friday Night Lights”) makes “Bang Bang Club” worth a visit.
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.