The jury’s still out on whether Peter Parker’s newly-moisturized palms will stick, but be it good or bad the “Spider-Man” reboot is going to make a slab of cash when it hits cinemas in a few short weeks.
Personally, and though I’ve heard a couple of mixed reports from insiders over the past few days, I think it looks fun. I like that Marc Webb is behind the thing, because he’s a dab hand at fleshing out characters and making sure the words sling off the page, and I think the casting is impeccable – particularly Andrew Garfield’s anointment as Parker/Spider-Man.
At the same time, I was also a huge fan of the first two “Spider-Man” movies – no, not the ones with Nicholas Hammond, the Tobey Maguire flicks – and I’m still not convinced that this so-called ‘untold story’ will offer anything significantly new or superior to the Sam Raimi movie.
Whatever the case, Sony seem confident – here’s the four-minute ‘Super’ preview they’ve just released for the flick.
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
- Karl Urban will see Pete’s Dragon - January 30, 2015
- Superbowl Spot : Terminator Genisys - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.