Ryan Reynolds seemingly has a ‘head’ up on the competition when it comes to Lionsgate and Summit’s reboot of the “Highlander” franchise.
The “Wolverine” and “Green Lantern” star is being courted to star in the long-gestating remake of the 1986 film. He’d play the role made famous by Christopher Lambert.
Variety, who broke the news of Reynolds interest in experiencing ‘the Quickening’, aren’t sure that an offer has been made to the actor but has been informed that talks are ongoing between the studio and Reynolds’ peeps. The fact that Reynolds hasn’t automatically dismissed the opportunity to front the film suggests he’s not only a fan of the series but thinks it could be his next big ticket franchise – the one “Green Lantern” failed to be.
Though Reynolds has “R.I.P.D” due out later this year, he hasn’t actually signed on for another project since his last release, the Denzel Washington two-hander “Safe House”, which was a nicely-sized hit.
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (”28 Weeks Later”) will direct “Highlander”, with Justin Lin – who was originally set to direct but ultimately opting out to do [yet] another “Fast & Furious” sequel – executive producing.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.