“Harry Potter” actor Daniel Radcliffe is just one of the names being branded about as a possibility for Guillermo del Toro’s stop-motion “Pinocchio” movie.
The “Hellboy” director says Radcliffe himself has asked to be a part of the project, and he’s also keen to get Tom Waits and Christopher Walken, involved. Don’t get too excited though, nobody has signed for the project yet.
The filmmaker has a while before he has to attach names to the project, “Pinocchio” won’t be ready until 2014.
del Toro, speaking to the press at Cannes, will direct the project with Mark Gustafson.
“When we originally talked about this project I was going to direct but then I said I would executive produce it. But everything with the production discussions became more and more specific and I began to realize I was getting more and more involved,” THR quotes the filmmaker as saying.
The film, backed by Jim Henson’s company, will be a “dark, atmospheric tale” in, of course, 3D.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012