Oscar Winner Sandra Bullock (“The Blind Side”) and box-office winner Melissa McCarthy (“Bridesmaids”) will team for an untitled cop comedy from “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig.
Katie Dippold’s script for the film fixes on “the strained working relationship between a high-strung FBI agent (Bullock) and an unconventional Boston cop (McCarthy) who team up to take down a Russian gangster”, according to Variety.
It’s the femme twist on “Red Heat” or “Due South”, if you will.
While Bullock has been super picky since winning that Oscar, and has only accepted a couple of gigs (one being Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity”), McCarthy seems to have said ‘yes!’ to anything that’s come her way – she’s in Judd Apatow’s “This is Forty”, has been shooting “Identity Theft” with Jason Bateman, has a road trip comedy called “Tammy” in the works, and is doing a third film with Paul Feig, set to co-star Jon Hamm. All this and her own TV sitcom – “Mike & Molly”.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012