Never one to shy away from a, er, Mission, Tom Cruise has set his sights on scuffling the purists by doing a “Magnificent Seven” remake.
Variety says the 49-year-old actor is attached to MGM’s redo of the 1960 Western. Thing is, Cruise has been keen on getting a remake of the old Yul Brunner classic up for years, so his attachment doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be a go anytime soon – particularly considering young Mapother’s hefty to-do list. Still, Cruise’s resurgence in popularity, coupled with the fact that his last flick smashed a few records, might push this one closer to the cameras.
“Seven”, about a group of American gunmen hired to protect a small Mexican village from a group of savage bandits, was a film trilogy before sashaying to TV-land with a short-lived CBS series.
As the trade mentions, MGM seems to have a woody for remaking all their catalog classics at the moment – “Poltergeist”, “WarGames”, “Death Wish”, “Carrie”, “RoboCop”… so “Seven” abides by the studio’s seemingly do-over focused mission statement of late.
Be interesting to see where this one fits in with Cruise, considering he has a half-a-dozen other flicks – like “Top Gun 2″ and a recently-announced ‘Van Helsing’ flick – he’s already attached himself to.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.