New Zealand’s Grant Bowler (“Lost”, “True Blood”) has been cast as Richard Burton in a new telemovie that’s already signed Lindsay Lohan to do her best Elizabeth Taylor, says Deadline.
The lifetime offering, “Liz & Dick” will “chronicle the enduring love of movie icons Taylor (Lohan) and Burton (Bowler), whose fiery romance was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day.”
Apparently the flick is only 10 days away from filming, suggesting Lifetime struggled to find an actor to play Burton.
“Grant will add gravitas to our couple and bring to life one of the greatest actors who has ever lived,” EP Larry A. Thompson said. “Burton was a Welsh poet, a rascal, and a man’s man, who swept Elizabeth Taylor off her feet and flew her so close to the sun that they both exploded into stardust that still lights up Hollywood.”
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013