Former soap star Ashley Hamilton (“Sunset Beach”, “Beethoven’s 2nd”) is adding some ‘firepower’ to Marvel’s “Iron Man 3″, says Variety.
Hamilton, as well as Jon Favreau (reprising his role as Happy Hogan), were added to the credit block of the superhero sequel today. The former is playing “government cyborg Firepower. In the Marvel comicbooks, the character is the pilot of an experimental armored suit under the secret mission dubbed Project: Firepower. He eventually uses the suit to battle Iron Man”.
Hamilton, the son of veteran actor George Hamilton, was a friend of Robert Downey Jr’s – which answers your question ‘How did this guy get the gig?’.
“Iron Man 3″ begins production this month.
Meanwhile, Mads Mikkelsen (“Casino Royale”) is in talks to play the baddie in another Marvel movie, “Thor 2″.
According to Variety, Mikkelsen’s role hasn’t been disclosed but it’s pretty safe to say, Thor’s not gonna be his pal.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013