Sir Anthony ‘Tony! Toni! Toné!’ Hopkins is keen to shower Helen Mirren with insults and copious amounts of firepower, it seems. The Oscar Winner is in talks to play the villain in Summit’s “Red 2″, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Hopkins is very keen to play Edward Bailey, a ‘genius scientist who gets locked up in an insane asylum’ in the all-star sequel, which features the likes of Mirren, Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Malkovich and Byun-Hun Lee.
Now here’s the tricky bit : Hopkins is expected to reprise his role as the title character’s dad in “Thor 2″, and that film, being that the deal has been solidified for a while now, gets first priority over the Bruce Willis-Catherine Zeta-Jones sequel, so if the dates don’t work, “Red 2″ director Dean Parisot will have to go out to the next man on his list for the ‘Edward Bailey’ part. Shame, Hopkins would probably be great, especially in such a role but also surrounded by the other luminaries.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.