She may not get the chance to play Linda Lovelace, what with the biopic she was attached to rumoured to have fallen apart, but “Watchmen” star Malin Akerman will get to play another famous icon of yesteryear – Debbie Harry!
Akerman is attached to “CBGB”, an indie feature starring Alan Rickman (“Harry Potter”) as “Hilly Kristal, the legendary owner of CBGB”, which was a prominent night club.
Harry and her band ‘Blondie’ were regulars at the club in the ’70s.
Variety says Rickman’s “Harry Potter” co-star Rupert Grint has also been cast in the film playing “Cheetah Chrome, the guitarist for the Dead Boys, a punk band that played a prominent role during the club’s rise.”
THR says Stana Katic (”Castle”) and Joel David Moore (“Avatar”) have also signed, playing Genya Ravan, lead singer of “Goldie & the Gingerbreads,” and Joey Ramone, respectively.
In addition, “Julian Acosta (Thin Red Line) will play Johnny Ramone; Richard De Klerk (Repeaters) is CBGB soundman Taxi; Josh Zuckerman (Sex Drive) is Punk magazine creator John Holmstrom; Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy) is Mad Mountain; and Estelle Harris (Seinfeld) is Hilly’s mother, Bertha Kristal.”
Randall Miller begins shooting “CBGB” next month.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013