Okay, so it looks like Robert Pattinson (“Twilight”) won’t be getting the offer to play veteran arrow-slinger Finick Odair in “Hunger Games : Catching Fire”. But Pattinson’s loss – and it’s funny, Pattinson suggests he’s genuinely disappointed that he won’t be get a look-in – might be another young hottie’s gain.
Taylor Kitsch, star of “John Carter”, “Battleship” and TV’s “Friday Night Lights”, is said to be vying for the role of the seasoned competitor in Lionsgate’s sequel.
The part is one of the more coveted slots amidst the acting community right now, with producers seemingly spoilt for choice.
According to E!, Kitsch is one of three young actors being considered for the role of the twenty-something tribute, the others being Garrett Hedlund (“On the Road”, “Tron Legacy”) and Armie Hammer (“J.Edgar”, “The Lone Ranger”). At the same time, the studio may opt to go another way and cast an unknown in the part.
At this stage though our sources say “both Kitsch and Hedlund” are the favourites at this stage; Kitsch because his people are actively pursuing the gig for their client and the actor is fast becoming a big name (and after the failure of “Battleship” and “John Carter” maybe it’s a good idea he did a supporting turn and let someone else carry the pressure of a movie for once), and Hedlund, who stars opposite Kristen Stewart in “On the Road”, because he’s been the fan favourite for the role of Odair from day one. Either way, I think it’s safe to say that whoever is cast will be… how do I put this… sexy?
With “Catching Fire” headed before the cameras shortly, expect the role to be cast rather soonly.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012