The posters at Cannes for the film were a bit of a tip-off, but Paramount has now confirmed that Tom Cruise flick “One Shot” has been retitled simply “Jack Reacher”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Reacher is the name of the character Cruise plays in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed actioner. Likely thinking here is that since there’s a series of books (by Lee Child) featuring the Jack Reacher character, and all bearing the characters name on the cover, that the studio likely believes the new title will draw more attention and garner more interest.
In the “One Shot” book, Jack Reacher is an ex-military man assigned the task of tracking down a spiner.
Rosamund Pike, Richard Jenkins, Robert Duvall, David Oyelowo and Werner Herzog co-star with Cruise in the film.
“Jack Reacher” is out in December.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012