UPDATE : The Hollywood Reporter says Jason Sudeikis (“Horrible Bosses”) and Malin Akerman (“Watchmen”) have also been asked to join the cast.
Comedy vets young and.. mature.. may team for “This is Where I Leave You”, an Adam Shankman (“Rock of Ages”) directed comedy about “four siblings who come home to sit ‘shiva’ for their deceased father” and “are trapped in the house for seven days” at which time “all the skeletons are bared.”
Deadline says Shankman has his eye on Jason Bateman, Leslie Mann, Zac Efron and veteran comedy queen Goldie Hawn for parts.
Hawn, who last starred in 2002′s The Banger Sisters, is in talks to play the clan’s mother. Bateman, Efron (whom Shankman directed in Hairspray) and Mann will play siblings.
Jonathan Tropper, who wrote the book of the same name, adapted the screenplay.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013