That on-again off-again on-again “Police Academy” reboot (which, funnily enough, sways between being a reboot, sequel and out-and-out remake as much as it changes its production status) has a new writer : Jeremy Garelick, according to Deadline.
Garelick, seemingly someone whose surname wouldn’t look out of place on the Blue Oyster VIP members list, was apparently responsible for some of the most successful jokes in “The Hangover”. He rewrote that script, and off the back of it, got a job at Universal penning “Sick Day”.
The “Police Academy” redo has had numerous people come and go from it – at one stage even series star Steve Guttenberg was said to vying for the directing job on it – but at present, “Tosh.0″ writer Scott Zabielski is onboard to direct.
It’s always been the plan to bring back some of the original faces – Steve Guttenberg, Leslie Easterbrook, George Gaynes and so on – for the new “Police Academy”, but with so many of those past favourites having now passed on (notably, ‘Hightower’ Bubba Smith and ‘Tackleberry’ David Graf) they might just decide to scrap the idea and cast completely fresh and ditch the nostalgia value.
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.