Not surprisingly, what with “The Avengers” making a quiet penny or three at the box office, DC is making quick moves to get “Justice League of America” off the ground. For the uninitiated, “Justice League” is to DC what “Avengers” is to Marvel – all their superhero characters teaming up for the one big multi-million dollar adventure.
“Mad Max” director George Miller attempted to get “Justice League” up a few years ago – with Armie Hammer as Batman, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, and Teresa Palmer as the villianous Talia al Ghul – but it fell apart at the 11th hour.
This latest incarnation will likely not have anything to do with Miller’s attempt.
Variety reports that Will Beale, the writer of Warner’s “The Gangster Squad” (and upcoming “Lethal Weapon” reboot), has been asked to pen the film. Beale’s involvement indicates that DC/Warner are looking for a meaty, very serious take on the comic books – something with lots of character and drama.
It would be great to see a “Justice League” movie finally come together – Superman,Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and so on in the same movie!
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012