’80s icon Matthew Modine seems to have happened upon a comeback trail.
The “Full Metal Jacket” and “Memphis Belle” star has, off the back of a plum role in “The Dark Knight Rises”, just scored a major role in the new Steve Jobs biopic “Jobs”.
The flick features Ashton Kutcher in the role of the imagnate.
According to a press release issued this afternoon, Modine will play John Sculley, whom Jobs asked to lead Apple- stealing him from Pepsi – in ’83 and fired him two years later. Sculley ultimately kept his job, and remained in the position until 1993.
“When [Michael Jordan] was playing high school basketball, he was kicked off the team. He was cut,” Modine said. “And had Michael Jordan not been cut, a lot of people believe he wouldn’t have found the aspiration and desire to show his coach that he was wrong and become the Michael Jordon who changes the game of basketball.”
Joshua Michael Stern’s flick will chronicle Job’s life from 1971 through to the 21st Century.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.