Been watching the western series “Hatfields & McCoys”, with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton as the feuding family patriarchs of the old west? It’s a beauty of a show! (I’ve only seen two of the three episodes at this stage, though). Not surprisingly, considering how well the cable series has rated, the commercial networks now want in.
According to Deadline, the next “Hatfields & McCoys” will be set in the modern -day – as opposed to ‘ye old cowboy times’ and fix on the urban scuffles of the feuding families. It’ll be an ABC production, as opposed to A&E – which essentially means less swearing, bullets-in-the-head and barn rapings.
In the new show, which will be created by John Glenn (“Eagle Eye”) and produced by a no-name South African-based model named Charlize Theron, “The Hatfields have risen to incredible wealth and power, while the McCoys are working-class.”
Naturally, this Theron woman won’t be a part of the show – – she’ll be too busy kicking apocalyptic Mad Maxine butt when this gets underway.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.