Been watching the western series “Hatfields & McCoys”, with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton as the feuding family patriarchs of the old west? It’s a beauty of a show! (I’ve only seen two of the three episodes at this stage, though). Not surprisingly, considering how well the cable series has rated, the commercial networks now want in.
According to Deadline, the next “Hatfields & McCoys” will be set in the modern -day – as opposed to ‘ye old cowboy times’ and fix on the urban scuffles of the feuding families. It’ll be an ABC production, as opposed to A&E – which essentially means less swearing, bullets-in-the-head and barn rapings.
In the new show, which will be created by John Glenn (“Eagle Eye”) and produced by a no-name South African-based model named Charlize Theron, “The Hatfields have risen to incredible wealth and power, while the McCoys are working-class.”
Naturally, this Theron woman won’t be a part of the show – – she’ll be too busy kicking apocalyptic Mad Maxine butt when this gets underway.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.