“Snow White & The Huntsman” star Chris Hemsworth has boarded the flick “In the Heart of the Sea”, based on a story that’s said to be the inspiration for ‘Moby Dick’.
No studio has bitten yet, but Dreamworks are the closest to nagging a sizable offer for the “hot package”, says Deadline.
“..based on the National Book Award-winning book by Nathaniel Philbrick, In The Heart Of The Sea is the fact-based tale of Nantucket whaling ship the Essex, which was stalked and ultimately destroyed by a sperm whale in 1820. Stranded thousands of miles from home, the crew struggled to survive; they were lost at sea for 90 days. Eight were rescued.”
Charles Leavitt, who scripted ”Blood Diamond”, wrote the script.
“Sea” at one stage had “Rainman” director Barry Levinson attached, and later, “Glory” director Ed Zwick.
Hemsworth, recently in “The Avengers” and “Cabin in the Woods”, next appears in “Red Dawn”.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012