Seems both Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer are deadly serious about this “Top Gun 2″ business.
Now Kilmer, I understand – being reduced to doing mainly direct-to-DVD movies these days, and all – being excited… but Cruise!?
Paramount, director Tony Scott and producer Jerry Bruckheimer are very interested in coming up with a “Top Gun” sequel, that we know. And we all now know that Val Kilmer is excited to reprise his role as ‘Iceman’ (“”I’d have to get a haircut, but anything for the sequel!”), should it ever happen. But with so many other, meatier offers on the table – like this “Magnificent Seven” remake, for instance – did anyone actually expect Tom Cruise to Toyota-jump in anticipation for a sequel to his cornball classic?
Speaking at the “Rock of Ages” premiere, Cruise said he’s gung-ho to reprise Maverick. Seems like it might even be something he’s working hard on making happen.
“We’re working on it,” he tells MTV. “We’ll see what happens, if I can figure out the script and we get it. It would be fun getting into those jets. I want to get in those jets!”
That sounds like definite interest right there.
Sequels are commissioned and written all the time, but it’s not uncommon for many of them to fall apart at the negotiation stage. Let’s see if Cruise actually signs on when push comes to shove… or “Top Gun 2″ goes the way of say, “Goonies 2″, “E.T 2 : Nocturnal Fears”, “Good Morning Chicago”, “Seriously Dude, Where’s My Car?” and – dare I say -“Ghostbusters 3″.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013