Due to script issues (‘Shredder doesn’t wear pink bracelets… or does he!?’), Paramount’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” reboot has been put on hold.
Michael Bay is producing the reboot of the ’90s cartoon phenomenon.
Deadline reports :
Paramount says it has pushed back the pic’s start date by 10 weeks in order to cut the budget $10M to $20M down to $125M. That means the release date also will push back: from Christmas 2013 to May 16, 2014. Initially, Paramount hired the Iron Man writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to revamp Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fast-tracked live action feature film to be released in summer 2012. At the time, the studio was looking at this as its next huge franchise like Transformers. Then the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action-CGI combo’s release date was pushed to Christmas 2013. Now Paramount tells me it’s pushed again to May 16th, 2014 — presuming that the studio’s cost target is achieved.
So, two years until Vanilla Ice raps with the Turtles again…. he is in it, right!?
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013