Here’s someone I bet you all didn’t think we’d hear from again, ‘Ashleigh’ – she was the Liv before there was a Liv, remember? Both pretty laddies!
Anyway, Ash sent over a nice piece today on what sounds like an interesting adaption. She’s without a login and author credentials at the moment, but here’s the goods under my Jane Hancock… read on! :
Sony Pictures is on the brink of a deal that will see Wendi Murdoch’s latest film distributed by a company other than husband Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp, THR says.
Florence Sloan (wife of former MGM chief Harry Sloan) will team up with Wendi Murdoch to produce “Journey of a Thousand Miles”, the silver-screen adaptation of Chinese pianist Lang Lang’s memoir.
Although first whispers of a deal between Murdoch and Sony appeared in The New York Times, The Hollywood reporter today confirmed news of a potential deal between the two.
“Journey of a Thousand Miles” chronicles Lang’s journey to becoming a top pianist and the challenges he faced from his family and Chinese culture in doing so.
The film is the second producing project Murdoch and Sloan have embarked on together; in 2011 the pair produced “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan”, which was distributed by News Corp’s Fox Searchlight. Ashleigh
Rupert Murdoch, now there’s a man that needs a more positive… something, surrounding his name. Maybe this is his way to emerge from being split black!?
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012