“Thor” and “Avengers” villain Tom Hiddleston is set to star in a new biopic based on porn baron Paul Raymond.
Another flick based on the life of Raymond, starring Steve Coogan, is already filming.
Hiddelston’s film will be called “The King of Soho”, and a source tells The Daily Mail newspaper that Raymond’s family is ecstatic with the casting choice.
“We’ve waited a long time to get the right person and in Tom we finally have”, Raymond’s son Howard. “It’s a difficult role, not because he is playing my father but because he is in every scene in the film”
Wikipedia says of Raymond :
Paul Raymond, born Geoffrey Anthony Quinn, (15 November 1925 – 2 March 2008), was an English publisher, club owner, and real estate developer.
After opening the UK’s first strip club, Raymond became very wealthy, buying property on a scale that got him dubbed “King of Soho”, and launching Paul Raymond Publications with the soft-porn magazine Men Only, soon followed by Escort, Club International, Mayfair and many other best-selling titles. He was starting to hand over control to his daughter Debbie when she died of an overdose in 1992, after which he became a recluse. His quoted net worth of £650 million was rumoured to be an underestimate.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.