A pleasantly acted and pitched Australian comedy that mercifully didn’t rely on some pop culture meme to get a toehold (Abba, etc), but instead simply relies on charm and laughs.
It’s not exactly a case of nothing you haven’t seen before as four lads from England come to Australia where one of them is marrying the girl of his dreams, the daughter of a rich and connected political family.
The wedding takes place in an opulent Blue Mountains setting and when everything goes wrong it becomes an ever-growing comedy of errors involving a prize sheep, a fearsome and creepy drug dealer with father issues and a host of other comic fodder.
There are shades of ”The Hangover” and a million other stoner/frathouse comedies but it has a lot of heart and soul and it’s very hard not to enjoy. Also great to see Olivia Newton John on a movie screen after all these years, having a great time as the repressed society wife who cuts loose.
DVD Extras : Numerous interviews with the cast, among other brief bonuses.
- VOD Views – April 1, 2015 - April 1, 2015
- Map to the Stars - March 5, 2015
- The Voices - March 5, 2015
- Jupiter Ascending - March 5, 2015
- Focus - March 5, 2015
- VOD Views – March 1, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Anne Hathaway – Song One - February 23, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey - February 13, 2015
- The Hundred-Foot Journey - February 9, 2015
- Alien Outpost - February 9, 2015