A pleasantly acted and pitched Australian comedy that mercifully didn’t rely on some pop culture meme to get a toehold (Abba, etc), but instead simply relies on charm and laughs.
It’s not exactly a case of nothing you haven’t seen before as four lads from England come to Australia where one of them is marrying the girl of his dreams, the daughter of a rich and connected political family.
The wedding takes place in an opulent Blue Mountains setting and when everything goes wrong it becomes an ever-growing comedy of errors involving a prize sheep, a fearsome and creepy drug dealer with father issues and a host of other comic fodder.
There are shades of ”The Hangover” and a million other stoner/frathouse comedies but it has a lot of heart and soul and it’s very hard not to enjoy. Also great to see Olivia Newton John on a movie screen after all these years, having a great time as the repressed society wife who cuts loose.
DVD Extras : Numerous interviews with the cast, among other brief bonuses.
- VOD Views – December 20, 2014 - December 20, 2014
- The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies - December 17, 2014
- To Be Takei - December 11, 2014
- ‘Exodus : Gods and Kings’ Review : Epic! - December 9, 2014
- Exodus : Gods and Kings - December 9, 2014
- ‘Life Partners’ Review : Cute mix of laughs and tears - December 5, 2014
- Wild - December 3, 2014
- ‘Wild’ Review : Spectacular, Beautiful - December 2, 2014
- Matthew McConaughey – Interstellar - December 1, 2014
- Jennifer Aniston – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 1, 2014