Update : Walter Hill’s publicist tells us he won’t be doing this movie.
That “Johnny Handsome” reunion mightn’t be too far away.
Rumour has it director Walter Hill and left-hooking superstar Mickey Rourke have been approached to do “The Storm”, a thriller about an inexperienced deputy, filling in for his incapacitated superior, who is forced to go head-to-head with a revenge-seeking criminal – back in town to get back at the sheriff who put him away a decade earlier.
An added twist is that the flick, which sounds as if it’s some sort of contemporary western, is set in the midst of the ferocious Texas storm season.
Rourke would play the bad guy, Press Gibson, who along with his brother and buddies head to a small town in North Texas to confront Sheriff Andrew Wade. When Wade is put down, it’s up to inexperienced sheriff Boyd Clemens to save the day.
Josh Campbell, who wrote the upcoming English-language remake of John Woo’s “The Killer”, is on scripting duties.
Hill and Rourke are yet to sign on, but talks are underway. Hill may wait until “Bullet in the Head”, his Sly Stallone venture that has been pushed back until 2013, nears closer – any buzz from it would only help nut out a good deal here, or any other picture for that matter.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.