With “Hunger Games” sequel “Catching Fire” due to start filming in a matter of months, casting rumours have begun flying thick and fast about who will play one of the new key characters – previous Games winner Johanna Mason.
Indiewire has announced that Mia Wasikowska and Zoe Aggeliki have both entered the fray to be cast as Johanna Mason; the tetchy, feisty Victor from District 7 who becomes a strong ally to Katniss and Peeta in the 75th Annual Hunger Games.
Director Francis Lawrence is determined to find the right actor for the role, as Mason is described in the books as a strong, often brutal character but who eventually comes out as someone damaged and vulnerable.
Although both actresses have been in discussions for the part, Aggeliki might be considered the favourite as rumour has it that she may sign on in the coming days. Whilst she is relatively unknown at present, Aggeliki will feature in upcoming flicks “R.I.P.D.” and “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”.
Whoever does land the role will appear in both “Catching Fire” and in the series’ conclusion “Mockingjay”, as Johanna’s role plays a vital part in both stories.
”Catching Fire” is set to hit cinemas on November 22, 2013.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013