With an Oscar, a Golden Globe and Grammy, “Dreamgirls” star Jennifer Hudson could be adding an Emmy to her awards collection when she appears on NBC’s music drama “Smash”.
According to Deadline.com, Hudson has signed on for a multi-episode arc beginning with the second-season premiere, where she will play “Veronica Moore”, a Tony Award-winning Broadway Star who impact the lives of Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty).
“This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson,” said NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt.
“Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway Dream, but also paid a price for it.”
Hudson’s appearance in “Smash” will reunite her with executive producer Steven Spielberg, whose production company DreamWorks also produced “DreamGirls”.
“Smash” has now featured two famous American Idol alumnas; McPhee was a finalist in Season 5, while Hudson appeared in Season 3 of the reality series.
Smash will now feature two famous American Idol alumnas next season: McPhee, who was a finalist in Season 5, and Hudson, who was on the third season of the reality series.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013