“Boardwalk Empire’s” Michael Kenneth Williams has been signed on to join the cast of “Twelve Years a Slave”, according to Deadline.com.
The flick is also set to star the likes of Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor; it follows the story of a free black man who is unwittingly drugged and sent to the South and sold into slavery.
Steve McQueen is attached as director, with New Regency providing financial backing alongside production companies River Road and Plan B.
The flick is based on the book written by Solomon Northup and will be filmed in New Orleans.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013