The sixth season of one of cable TV’s more unique offerings doesn’t hint at better things to come, but it does at least suggest there’s enough intrigue solely in Michael C.Hall’s deliciously devilish performance to keep the boat on course a little while longer.
Season 6’s plot takes the focus off Dexter’s inner-ticking and what makes the man and concentrates on the pitch that sold Showtime on the series in the first place : A serial killer tracking a serial killer while masquerading as a police officer.
So while things mightn’t be as exciting or enjoyable as the last few seasons, a return to basics is appreciated and does suggest the creators are eager to do away with the melodramatics and heavy characterization that slightly bogged down previous seasons.
There are a couple of twists this season, one you’ll see coming a mile away and one that’s kind of.. ridiculous.
While fans definitely won’t feel gutted, I think it’s fair to say our heroes instrument of choice does need a sharpening. Maybe Season 7 will be a return to the show’s glory days? (aka The John Lithgow years)
DVD Extras : include featurettes and interviews. No free sample of Type O encased in a plastic satchel within the DVD sleeve.
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.