Genndy Tartakovsky, whose “Hotel Transylvania” looks to be one of the animated-family highlights of the year, will helm a new 3D “Popeye” movie for Sony Animation.
Variety’s Showblitz column broke the news, saying “Spider-Man” and “X-Men” honchos Avi and Ari Arad will produce under their Arad Productions banner, working from a David Ronn and Jay Scherick script.
“Popeye”, who first appeared in a comic strip in the 1920’s, last hit the big screen in an ill-fated 1980 movie starring Robin Williams in the title role.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013