Viggo Mortensen looks to headline the decade-in-development vampire pic “The Last Voyage of the Demeter”, according to Bloody Disgusting.
The film, from “Dog Soldiers” and “The Descent” helmer Neil Marshall, tells of a ship – and the ship’s crew – that’s transporting Dracula from London to Transylvania. Dracula, of course, goes after the crew one-by-one. It is based partly on a bit from Bram Stoker’s original “Dracula” novel.
Mortensen (“A History of Violence”, “Eastern Promises”) would play the lead role (not Drac), with the previously-rumoured Ben Kignsley (“Hugo”) as the ship’s captain, and “Prometheus” star Noomi Rapace as a character named Anna Billington.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013