Though he goes the next one alone, Jeremy Renner may team with franchise initiator Matt Damon for the next “Bourne” movie.
Frank Marshall, producer of the upcoming “Bourne” spin-off “The Bourne Legacy” (the first film in the series not to feature Matt Damon), says he hopes to follow the August release with a sequel that would team the original Bourne with the new one.
Speaking to Empire, the “Raiders of the Lost Ark” alum says :
“My dream is that in the next one we see Matt and Jeremy team up.”
Obviously, Damon’s involvement – and Renner’s for that matter – will be dependent on story, director and how well “The Bourne Legacy” does when it’s released in a couple of months.
As you’ll recall, the original plan for the fourth “Bourne” was to have it pick up after the events of “The Bourne Ultimatum” with Matt Damon back as the forgetful Bourne. But when director Paul Greengrass left the production, so did Damon. What resulted was a spin-off movie, set at the same time as the previous movie, fixing on a new character, played by Jeremy Renner.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013