Update! Seems Jena Malone probably won’t get the Johanna Mason gig in “Catching Fire”. According to Deadline, Zoe Aggeliki is in “serious talks” to play the part. In other words, they’ve stopped looking. That’s likely their Johanna.
Jena Malone, who most of us were introduced to as the mixed-up darling at the center of the custody battle in “Stepmom”, is the frontrunner to play Johanna Mason in ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ according to Adam over at EW.
Aussie Mia Wasikowska was said to have been approached for the role a few days back, but the outlet claims to have spoken to someone who has wizzed on that fire. She wasn’t approached.
Johanna Mason is, “described in author Suzanne Collins’ bestseller as possessing “a wicked ability to murder,” winning her Hunger Games by pretending to be weak and then picking off the other tributes”, says the outlet. “One open question about the character is whether director Francis Lawrence will keep Johanna’s introduction from the book, in which she first meets heroine Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) naked — save for her green slippers.”
Put your tongues back inside their cage, boys.
Malone recently appeared in a terrific mini-series called “Hatfields & McCoys”, with Kevin Costner.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013