Lionsgate’s Senior Executive Vice President Rob McEntegart has apparently resigned from the studio to launch his own filmmaking company, according to Deadline.com.
Responsible for overseeing the financial side of Lionsgate’s feature films, including recent box-office-smash-hit “The Hunger Games”, the exec also had some operational responsibilities which will now be passed on to fellow Lionsgate executive Steeve Beeks.
McEntegart is set to launch First Reel Media, a firm that plans to partner with filmmakers, content creators and production companies to manage the business side of film development as well as production, financing and distribution.
A planned first initiative of the fledgling company will be to form a not-for-profit association attached to it through which top talent and filmmakers can fund and develop commercial projects that involve progressive themes.
McEntegart has been working with Lionsgate since 2007.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013