Dylan McDermott, who famously played a secret service agent (who met a grisly end) in Clint Eastwood’s “In the Line of Fire” in the ’90s, will again play a law-enforcer in “Olympus Has Fallen”, according to Variety. This is the ‘Die Hard in the White House’ thriller that stars Gerard Butler as a secret service agent who, with McDermott’s character, head to the White House to rescue the President (Aaron Eckhart) who is being held captive.
McDermott, whose spent the better part of the last fifteen years or so in TV (with “The Practice”, “American Horror Story” and so on), has also appeared in such films as “The Messengers”, “Texas Rangers”, “Miracle on 34th Street” and “Wonderland”. His latest film is “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” with Emma Watson.
The Antoine Fuqua directed “Olympus Has Fallen” also stars Angela Bassett.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013