Okay, so here’s where the on-again off-again on-again “Ghostbusters 3″ (a sequel many aren’t convinced will ever see the light of day) is at now : Bill Murray still doesn’t want in, but said he would consider it if the script is good – which it apparently isn’t. But that might change now that there’s [yet] another draft in the works.
Murray’s enthusiasm for the project has always fallen between the ‘Oh God No!’ and ‘Maybe, for the right price’ sections of the pie graph but – and even then he has demanded he only have a small part in the film (which his character Peter Venkman reportedly now a ghost to boot) – the actor is the star of the “Ghostbusters” series, particularly that first movie, and his absence in a third one would be horribly noticeable.
Co-star and champion for “Ghostbusters 3″, Dan Aykroyd seems to recognize the must-have-Murray factor more than anything. And as such, he has ostensibly booted the current writers (Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky) on the project and, he tells WIBV 4 , hired a new “writing staff”.
Now I guess this could also mean that Aykroyd is convinced Murray isn’t ever going to sign on for the film and has hired some writers to come up with a storyline that doesn’t feature Venkman, but I’d say it’s more a case of wanting a script that will make Murray do cartwheels.
And happy birthday to Aykroyd, who has just turned the big 60!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013