There hasn’t been any images of much released (that I can recall), let alone any great detail of spoilers, of Neil Blomkamp’s “Elysium” so it was exciting to see one of Matt Damon-in-character floating around the InterWebs when I awoke this morning. EW (via The Playlist) released the image, noting that Damon’s playing the hero of the movie, Max.
There’s likely going to be more stills and other info for the film revealed come a weeks time when Comic-Con kicks off – the film’s director and cast, which also includes Jodie Foster, Wagner Moura, Sharlto Copley and Alice Braga, will be there.
In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy “Coordinators,” people who can afford bio-genetical engineering, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, built by the Armadyne Corporation, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes, a hard government ofﬁcial, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. That doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky ex-con Max is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission that if successful will not only save his life, but could bring equality to these polarized worlds.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012