I’m not as against the idea of a “RoboCop” as much as my sponsor at the Purist’s recovery club might think. Not quite sure why that is, I think, maybe, it’s because we’ve already seen that many different incarnations of the series and character, from the numerous TV series to the mini-series, so I’m well and truly use to seeing the whole ‘Alex Murphy’ rebirth chronicle played over and over with different tempo scores underneath. Maybe, also, with the advances in technology since 1987, I’m understanding of the need for a revamp.
I say all this, and yet I’ll always adore Paul Verhoeven’s original – and for much more than it’s technological whiz-banngery.
While it’s still unknown whether the charm and satire of the original film will turn up in director Jose Padhila’s remake, one thing’s for sure, the ‘whiz-banngery’ looks to be back. A new viral site for the film’s fictional corporation, OmniCorp, has been set live. Over on the website, you’ll find a nice new teaser trailer and a couple of funky new pics, both stressing just how ‘cool’ the thing will look.
“RoboCop” stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L.Jackson and Abbie Cornish and will be released August, 2013.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.