J.J Abrams and Paramount may want Karl Urban’s head – or helmet, as it may be – on a stick.
The “Judge Dredd” star revealed the top-secret villain of the “Star Trek” sequel in an interview with SFX Magazine.
Urban, who plays Doctor McCoy in the “Star Trek” movies, was asked about working with “Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch on the upcoming J.J Abrams directed science-fiction blockbuster.
“He’s awesome,” Urban said. “He’s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.”
Gary Mitchell was, despite the order in which the episodes were shown on TV, the first villain in “Star Trek” history. A friend of James T. Kirk’s, Mitchell develops telepathy and telekinesis after a run-in with a mysterious barrier. The Enterprise captain is later forced to kill Mitchell.
Previously, it was rumoured that the villain of the “Star Trek” sequel was actually Khan, the character Ricardo Montalban played in “Star Trek II : The Wrath of Khan”.
- Mandy chats to Russell Crowe at The Water Diviner premiere - December 11, 2014
- Kosta Ouzas, Nick Kozakis – Plague - November 22, 2014
- TV REVIEW: ARROW 3.5 (PHOTO RECAP) - November 9, 2014
- TV REVIEW: ARROW 3.4 (PHOTO RECAP) - November 9, 2014
- Rich Sommer – Mad Men - October 25, 2014
- Logan Lerman – Fury - October 22, 2014
- A Mandy Moment ode to Dredd - October 2, 2014
- Nadir Caselli – Lavazza Italian Film Festival - September 23, 2014
- Step Up All In - September 13, 2014
- Divergent - September 6, 2014
The Princess Bride
A good wine
Clint's Nicolas Cage impersonation