Cole Hauser (“Pitch Black”, “A Good Day to Die Hard”) has joined the cast of “Olympus Has Fallen”, the Antoine Fuqua-directed thriller starring Gerard Butler as a security service agent trying to rescue the president and his peeps when the White House is held hostage by North Korean terrorists.
In his review of the script last week, Moviehole’s Clint Morris said of “Olympus Has Fallen” :
Those looking to get their kicks out of a new McClane adventure, might find that “Olympus has Fallen” satisfies more than the official “Die Hard” film, due out next Valentine’s Day, does. I can’t guarantee that, and I’d love to be surprised and find that it’s the other way around, but from what I’ve read, now heard and have been advised first-hand… this movie is going to have Bruce Willis on the phone to his agent afterwards, demanding to know why he wasn’t offered the flick first. And it’s actually a wonder he wasn’t… the studio behind it are Millennium, who are behind the “Expendables” film’s, with which Bruno is associated. Maybe he was offered it? Maybe the fact it wasn’t someone of note behind the screenplay turned him off?
Hauser, usually the bad guy in these types of flicks, has been cast as one of the good guys. His character, says THR, is one of the heroic good guys, a Secret Service agent guarding the president (Aaron Eckhart)”.
Fuqua previously worked with Hauser on the early noughties war flick “Tears of the Sun”.
“Olympus Has Fallen” also stars Angela Bassett and Dylan McDermott.
I’m not sure which character Hauser is playing, but Clint last week reviewed the script for “Olympus Has Fallen”… see if you can pick which character the actor might have been cast as.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012