Olivia here in beautiful, sunny San Diego.
Sad news to report, though.
It hasn’t even started yet – still 24-hours to go until the doors open – and already Comic-Con is off to an unfortunate start.
A pedestrian, running across the busy highway towards the San Diego Convention Center to get back in-line for the “Breaking Dawn Part 2″ panel (yes, they’re lining up days in advance for it), was struck by a car today. The woman, 57-year-old Gisella Gagliardi, from New York, has sadly passed away from her injuries.
It is believed that Gisella, a popular face among the “Twilight” fan community (her twitter account now inundated with condolence tweets), had decided to ignore a red light and run across the busy crossways to the line. One car saw her crossing, and slowed down, but another was unable to in time – Gisella ultimately tripping and hitting her head on the side of the car. She was bleeding profusely when paramedics arrived.
The incident occurred just after half-past eleven this morning near Fifth Avenue and Harbor Drive.
“Woot woot! One week from right this moment @MiChiamoElle and I will be on line to pick up our 2012 #SDCC badges!,” Gisella tweeted last week.
Sadly, Gisella won’t be enjoying the Comic-Con she so anxiously awaited, nor the film she was there in force to support – “Breaking Dawn Part 2″.
Just horrible. May the poor thing rest in peace.
Stay tuned for my Comic-Con updates beginning tomorrow!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013