Hollywood hottie Channing ‘Magic Mike’ Tatum will next test out his bum-wiggling skills while trying to jump 16 cars on a modified motorcycle!
Tatum is playing legendary stuntman Evil Knievel, in a film he’ll also produce.
Reid Carolin is writing the screenplay for a picture that’ll be produced by Mike DeLuca and Dana Brunetti, of “The Social Network” fame.
Here’s what The Hollywood Reporter has on the project :
Born Robert Craig Knievel, the stuntman became a household name in the 1970s for his nationally televised motorcycle jumps. Ever the showman, Knievel became recognizable for his use of a Stars-and-Stripes getup and known for his 433 broken bones. At the height of his celebrity, he gained endorsements from Harley-Davidson and a toy line by the Ideal Toy Company. Knievel died in 2007 at the age of 69.
Tatum isn’t the first actor to assume the famed thrill-seeker. George Hamilton starred in the 1971 film titled Evel Knievel, while Knievel himself toplined the 1977 film Viva Knievel!
The Tatum vehicle is based on Stuart Barker’s 2008 book Life of Evel.
Tatum’s upcoming films include “G.I Joe Retaliation” and “Foxcatcher”.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013