Comic Con : Total Recall Panel
I have to admit, I’m still not sold on this one. The Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, despite being now twenty odd years old, just looks like a superior film – dated effects aside.
Still, Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Bryan Cranston and director Len Wiseman did a rousing job promoting “Total Recall” 2.0 at Comic Con today.
- The final cut was just locked four days ago
- Colin Farrell didn’t think too much about trying to replicate what Arnold Schwarzenegger had done before
- 6-minute mix of scenes shown : Most of the stuff we’ve seen in the trailer plus a fight between Doug (Colin) and Lori (Beckinsale), Doug escaping down rain-covered streets, Doug has to cut out the ‘phone’ that is tracking him from underneath his skin, an ID scanner exposes Doug when his face mask malfunctions, Doug and Melina (?), played by Biel, go on the run, and more Doug vs. Lori fighting – only this time with robots joining in. Exciting? No, not really.
- The actors spoke about the physical training they had to do for the movie; Beckinsale noting that she did a lot of boxing and eating chicken.
- Farrell could relate to his character, seeing as he has spent most of his life not knowing who he is (his words)
- Farrell hadn’t done a blockbuster for about seven years because the scripts that had been offered to him were lousy (this one apparently wasn’t…hmmm.)
- There was also some talk about all the green screen effects…
- Lots of Schwarzenegger/Austrian references.. on the Panel anyway.
Sorry Sony, I’m still not sold on this film.