Clearly keen to continue starring in supernatural and fantasy flicks, Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in “Horns”, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Directed by Alexandre Aja, the film is based on the best-selling novel by Joe Hill and a rock’n’roll infused dark fantasy that “explores why bad things happen to good people”. The novel spent six weeks on The New York Times bestseller list and has become an international smash-hit.
Radcliffe will star as Ig Perrish, who is suspected of the violent rape and murder of his girlfriend; Perrish awakens one morning from a night of hard drinking to discover horns starting to grow from his head.
Perrish soon discovers that the horns possess the queer power of driving people to confess their darkest sins and act upon their selfish impulses – which allows him to further investigate the death of his beloved and plan his revenge on her murderer.
“After reading Joe Hill’s cult book, I couldn’t resist temptation to dive into the devilish underworld and reinvent a universal myth,” Aja said. “Horns is a wild ride of sin and crime, with a loveV story in its heart.”
Red Granite will finance the film, with Mandalay Pictures, Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland to produce the adaptation, which was penned by Keith Bunin.
Additional casting is well underway, with views for principal filming to begin later this year.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013