Dwayne Johnson’s been ice-skating around the Superhero movie rink for a while now. There was talk of him playing Sub-Mariner, some less-believable rumours of him once being up for Bryan Singer’s Superman, and some discussions about playing Black Adam in a ‘Shazam!’ movie at one stage. None of that came off, but seems the wrestler cum box-office dollars chaser hasn’t given up on his plight to be part of a credit block on a DC or Marvel comic movie poster.
Latest rumours had Johnson up for the role of ‘Lobo’ in the DC Comics flick of the same name.
Brad Peyton, who worked with Johnson on “Journey 2 : The Mysterious Island”, and prolific action-movie beard Joel Silver (“Lethal Weapon”, “Exit Wounds”), are involved in such a project. And seems you can now officially add Johnson’s name to the IMDB listing for the picture.
The actor took to Twitter to confirm that the rumours are true, he’s indeed in the mix to play Lobo.
“Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun..”, The Rock – or whoever handles his twitter account – said.
Well, there goes the hope of seeing the big guy play She-Hulk, I guess?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.