After the tragedy in Colorado, Warner Bros decided something they needed to be done about their upcoming flick “Gangster Squad” being that it, well, features a scene with a shoot-out in a cinema.
Initially, the suggestion was to edit the film – taking all the offending moments out, if you will. Nobody much wanted that, because it means we’d essentially be robbed of a full movie experience.
But seems Warners have opted for a more appreciative tactic, postponing the release of the film from September to early 2013.
The Hollywood Reporter said :
One date the studio is looking at is Jan. 11. Before making a final decision, though, the studio is currently looking at several factors, according to sources, such as how quickly the cast can be reassembled for the reshoot, concerns about cast availibility to do press in January and the competition on the calendar.
The film, which is based on efforts of the Los Angeles police to control the Mafia in the ’40s and ’50s, included a climactic gun that was filmed at Grauman’s Chinese Theater. The scene could be glimpsed in a trailer for the movie that the studio pulled from circulation on July 20 after the shooting that claimed 12 lives.
“Gangster Squad” stars Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte and Sean Penn.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013