I don’t quite know about this…. and guessing I won’t be the only fan of classic cinema to feel the same.
Warner Bros are reportedly looking to do a prequel to Stanley Kubrick’s “The Shining”, according to the L.A Times.
The film, which will take place before the events of the Jack Nicholson starring movie, would take place at the hotel before the Torrance family arrives.
If there wasn’t such a talented team involved in the project’s conception – including “Zodiac” writer James Vanderbilt, Laeta Kalogridis (”Shutter Island”), producing partner Bradley Fischer (“Black Swan”) – I’d write it off as the next “Raging Bull 2″.
Interestingly, I see Stephen King, the author of “The Shining”, is writing a ‘sequel’ to the original story. But this way, by doing a sequel, the studio doesn’t have to ask for his input I guess? one less cheque to write.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013