We’ve known him to be onboard for a while, but his involvement has been promoted two-fold over the past 24 hours : Speaking, of course, about William Sadler’s involvement in Robert Rodriguez’s “Machete”.
Rodriguez has tweeted a new character poster for “The Pacific” star Sadler’s fellow, and seems the actor is returning to a role he knows well – the law-enforcer type he played to perfection on TV’s “Roswell” (He’s great as a villain though; I still think his colonel fuckhole in “Die Hard 2″ is a career highlight).
Speaking of “Machete” casting, I’m told Cuba Gooding Jr is also involved. The Oscar Winning actor is said to be playing the beau of Lady Gaga’s character. Not a bad score for DTV-reg Cuba, if so. In addition, “Sucker Punch” beauty Vanessa Hudgens is also said to be playing an undisclosed role. She’d fit in nicely around those other leggy lasses. No doubt the trades will confirm those names shortly or Rodriguez will beat them to the punch by tweeting their character posters.
Meanwhile, a slightly-closed Mel Gibson, who plays a Bond-type villain in the ensemble actioner, was front and center for this new set-video with TV’s Extra in which the “Lethal Weapon” great speaks about his character. Very cool!
“Machete Kills”… soon.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.