It’s been well over a decade since “The Brady Bunch” got a spit and polish, so due time the classic TV family was given a spruce.
The next incarnation of the classic sitcom won’t be on the big screen, like the spoof ’90s movie (starring Gary Cole and Shelley Long in the Robert Reed and Florence Henderson roles), but the TV – where it all started.
Superstar Vince Vaughn developed the reboot with “Raising Hope”‘s Mike Mariano, who wrote the pilot script, says E! Online. Suggesting the new version won’t stray too far from the roots of the original, Lloyd Schwartz, the son of Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of the original sitcom, will serve as an executive producer.
“The Brady Bunch” is one of many old screen favourites that have been resurrected by Hollywood in recent years; other reborn classics – either airing on TV or on a cinema screen – include “Hawaii Five-O”, “Dallas”, “The Lone Ranger” and “Mockingbird Lane”, a revamped version of “The Munsters”.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013