Morning from London.
Director Peter Medak (”Species 2”, ”Romeo is Bleeding”) is attached to direct ”Cracked”, a screenplay by British horror author Sarah Pinborough, based on her amazing novel ”The Hidden”.
The story tells of a young amnesiac woman who is the main suspect in a series of gruesome murders, however the true killers aren’t from this world – and it’s her they’re coming after.
The picture is produced by Ray Marshall and Matt Marshall of Festival Film and Television’s new horror offshoot, Blind Monkey Pictures, with Festival co-producing. A theatrical release is planned for the picture.
“We’re obviously really excited to have Peter Medak on board Cracked”, says producer Ray Marshall. “We know he will bring something very special to the project.”
“Cracked” is the first of a slate of horror films for Blind Monkey Pictures, which will be announced in due course, but which include an adaptation of British horror writer Adam Nevill’s “Apartment 16″, Simon Rumley’s “The Cherished One”; and an adaptation of 21st century Gothic novel, “The Possessions of Doctor Forrest”.
Medak, the Hungarian-born director whose big break in film was with MCA Universal in the ’60s where he was signed to direct telemovies, made his feature debut with Para’s “Negatives” in 1968. Aside from the “Species” sequel, his most notable work includes “The Changeling” (1980), “The Krays” (1990), and “The Feast of All Saints” (2001). In recent years he has directed some of the best TV around, including “Carnivale”, “Breaking Bad” and “House”.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013